The World's First Magnetic Induction Cycler.
The Mic ensures fast and highly accurate results. This powerful technology is bundled into a small 2kg cube so you can leave the lab to make a difference from anywhere in the world.
- Feel confident in your results - The Mic delivers unrivaled reproducibility between samples, runs and instruments so you can be confident in your results and your research.
- Get results in less time - Completing runs in under 40 minutes is the new standard with Mic, not the exception. Maintaining assay performance even at speed ensures you can trust that data.
- Intuitive software for easy use - Naturally, you want to be up and running as quickly as possible. So, installation for the instrument has been made plug-and-play and intuitive for great user experience.
- Small and portable for convenience - Don’t be restricted by size if you’re on the road or in a small lab. Weighing in at just 2kg, this is the most portable and compact qPCR machine on the market. No servicing required.
35 Cycles In Under 25 Minutes
Mic uses a patented magnetic induction technology to heat your samples and fan forced air for cooling. This means fast qPCR results through rapid heating and cooling with 35 cycles possible in under 25 minutes*.
Back that up with a robust optical system that acquires all channels simultaneously and running multiplexed assays has never been quicker. The Mic real-time cycler is available in either 2 or 4 channel models.
Each channel uses an independent high intensity LED, photodetector and filter set combining together to give unparalleled detection performance.
With a fixed optical path and no moving parts there is never any optical alignment or calibration required. Even better is that no reference dyes or crosstalk compensation is required.
Mic delivers unrivaled reproducibility between samples, runs and instruments. Real-time PCR replicates have never looked so good and detection of two-fold differences in gene expression levels never easier.
Why wait to run 384 samples? Get your results now and have the confidence your datasets can be seamlessly combined using our Projects analysis software. Comparing samples between multiple runs or even multiple instruments is effortless. Check out some of our data here.
To achieve this level of quantification precision, the Mic real-time cycler incorporates a unique spinning aluminium rotor which has unsurpassed temperature uniformity during both dynamic and static operations. All other block-based real-time cyclers only promise static uniformity, which could lead to variability as samples aren’t heated and cooled at the same rate.
Combine temperature accuracy of ±0.25ºC, a first class well-to- well temperature uniformity of ±0.05ºC (HRM units), and superior equilibration time (zero seconds for all wells to reach the same temperature) and you can easily classify difficult class IV SNPs that require melt temperature resolutions of less than 0.1ºC.
You might think this level of performance requires constant calibration of your machine, but Mic’s good to go right out of the box.
So Small It Takes Up Less Space Than Your Lab Book
Mic takes up less space on the bench than your lab book. And weighing in at just 2kg, this is the most portable and compact qPCR machine on the market. Even four Mic’s stacked together take up less bench space than your current cycler.
Only magnetic induction technology by way of its elegant simplicity makes it possible to achieve such a small qPCR instrument footprint.
The Mic tube format uses 0.1mL strips of four tubes and matching caps, supporting volumes of 5 to 30µL. A tab on the first tube ensures correct orientation of tubes at all times.
High speed centrifugation ensures samples spin down at the start of a run and the pre-loaded oil overlay inside each tube prevents evaporation and condensation. We have eliminated the need for bulky heated lids and external centrifuges whilst simultaneously improving the quality of results.
These benefits are only possible because of Mic’s unique rotary and magnetic induction cycler technology.
Wired or Bluetooth. One PC, 10 Mic
Multiple Mic instruments can be operated from one workstation so 48 becomes 96, and 96 becomes 192. As many as ten instruments can connect to one PC. Bluetooth technology means fewer cables too.
With the latest addition to Mic’s powerful software, it is easy to combine data from multiple runs from multiple machines into one dataset for analysis. Mic’s thermal and optical performance is so reproducible your data looks like it was generated from the same qPCR machine. For more information on the software click here.
Naturally, you want to be up and running as quickly as possible so installation for the instrument has been made plug-and-play. It’s as simple as installing the software and starting your first run.
- Height: 130mm
- Width: 150mm
- Length: 150mm
- Weight: 2kg
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.25°C
- Temperature Uniformity: ±0.05°C (MIC-4+HRM)
- Ramp Rates, Heating: 5°C/s
- Ramp Rates, Cooling: 4°C/s
- Temperature Input Range: 35 – 99°C
- Detectors: Photodiode per channel
- Excitation Sources: High power LED for each channel
- Channels: 2 / 4 / 4+HRM
- Acquisition Time: 1 second
- Samples per Instrument: 48
- Reaction Volume Range: 5 - 30µL
- Sample: 100
- Sample: 100
- Sample: 100